Ease into the local love of life and good food. Sun-kissed days and sizzling nights guide you along this Mediterranean trip through coastal Spain, France and Italy. Enjoy lunch with sisters Sandra and Antonella on their Tuscan agriturismo near Vinci.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 12 Breakfast (B)
- 4 Dinner (D)
- 1 Lunch (L)
- Florence: Enjoy an exclusive Be My Guest lunch at the Agriturismo Borgo Vigna Vecchia in the Tuscan hills.
- Aix-en-Provence: Explore the Provencal town of Aix-en-Provence which contains produce and treasures from local regions.
- Madrid: Drive through central Madrid and see some of the city's famous features during an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Madrid: See the highlights of the city with your Local Specialist. Visit the Old Town, traveling along the elegant Paseo de la Castellana, past the Cibeles fountain, Cervantes Monument and Royal Palace.
- Zaragoza: See the impressive historic landmarks of this thriving Spanish metropolis.
- Barcelona: With your Local Specialist, see Las Ramblas and the elegant Passeig de Grcia to take in some of the city's finest Modernist architecture. Journey past the beautiful façades of the Eixample district to see Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the mesmerizing Sagrada Família.
- Arles: Hear more about the city that is famed for being the inspiration behind the Van Gogh paintings during a city orientation.
- Avignon: View the Pont d'Avignon and walk the medieval narrow streets of the Old Town to the Palais des Papes.
- Pont du Gard: See the ancient Roman bridges of Pont du Gard that cross the Gardon River.
- Monaco City: See the cathedral where Prince Rainier and Princess Grace were married.
- Cinque Terre: Led by your Local Specialist, visit this unique UNESCO World Heritage Site, tucked away on the mountainous Italian Riviera coastline. Admire the charming fishing villages and perhaps snap some memorable pictures.
- Pisa: During an orientation, your Travel Director will show you the baptistery, cathedral and the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- Florence: Join a Local Specialist to view the multi-colored marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery, adorned by Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise. Visit the political heart of the city, Signoria Square.
- Tuscany: View the stunning landscape of Tuscany on your drive today.
- Vatican: Visit Vatican City and tour St. Peter's Basilica with a Local Specialist. Witness the early genius of Michelangelo as you take in the Piet.
- : Explore Madrid, Barcelona, Cinque Terre, Florence and Rome with a Local Specialist
- : Discover Arles, Avignon, Aix-en-Provence, Monaco and Pisa
- : Visit Pont du Gard in Avignon, the French Riviera, Piazza della Signoria in Florence and St. Peter's Basilica in Rome
- : View La Sagrada Família, the Papal Palace, the Palace and Cathedral in Monaco, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Duomo and Ponte Vecchio in Florence and the Colosseum in Rome
- : See the Royal Palace and Cibeles Fountain in Madrid, Las Ramblas in Barcelona and the towns of Orvieto and Orte
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
Imagine unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of, getting to know the locals and having everything taken care of every step of the way.
Here's what you'll experience:
Must-sees to local secrets
Visiting bucket list sites are a highlight of traveling, however, traveling on your own can make them hard work. Don't queue with other sightseers for hours, with Trafalgar our experts unlock doors - think exclusive access to the Vatican out of hours or a tour of Versailles and its grounds with an expert. This, coupled with the intimate glimpses and hidden gems our local specialists show you, are the life-changing experiences that make you feel like an insider, not a tourist.
Thanks to our global network you'll unlock local access to communities and people around the world. Our 100+ Be My Guest experiences are a signature Trafalgar exclusive, where you will enjoy the hospitality of locals as you are welcomed into their homes to hear their stories and learn about their cultures. In every destination, you'll also enjoy unique "Stays with stories" accommodation: more than just a place to rest your head, they are part of the heritage and fabric of the communities you visit.
Everything taken care of
You'll enjoy 24/7 travel expertise and dedicated service at every step. From the moment you arrive in your destination to the moment you depart; everything is taken care of. Our on-road team will provide advice and guidance plus porterage and optional experience bookings. We are also proud to have the endorsement of the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) Safe Travels Stamp, recognizing our wellbeing standards.
Responsible travel at heart
When you choose Trafalgar, you are choosing to make your travels a force for good and support our goal to MAKE TRAVEL MATTER®. We recognize our responsibility to ensure we make a positive impact on the planet we call home, the people we visit, and the rich wildlife we find. We ensure that the impacts of our business and your travels are positive in two ways: through our TreadRight Foundation, and our 5-year sustainability strategy How We Tread Right.